For the second video to my “Get Fit With Me” series, I decided to make 3 different easy recipes that are GREEN. Because green = healthy, right? Maybe not necessarily all the time but in this case, these are healthy recipes.
These are a great way to eat some healthy greens without really feeling like you’re eating greens, if that makes sense. Don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy a nice green salad, but it’s always more fun to eat something green that ISN’T a salad.
Recipe Video here:
Healthy Vegan Pesto
- 1 cup kale stems or other greens like spinach
- 1/2 cup – 1 cup basil
- 3 cloves garlic (or use garlic powder)
- 3-4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup – 1/2 cup soaked cashews or toasted walnuts or some sort of nut cause they’re delicious
- 1 cup white beans
- juice of one lemon
- splash of water to help blend (if needed)
- Add greens into a food processor and process until the mixture becomes a pulp.
- Add all other ingredients and blend again.
- Use as pasta sauce or a spread. You can keep this in the fridge for around 3-4 days.
Healthy Matcha Nice Cream
Ingredients (approx. 2 servings):
- 2-3 medium to large ripe bananas, frozen in small chunks
- 1 tbsp matcha green tea powder
- Add banana chunks into a food processor and blend until the consistency becomes smooth and creamy. It should look like creamy ice cream.
- Once creamy, add matcha powder into the mixture and blend.
- Serve immediately.
Green Artichoke Bean Spread
- 1/2 can of artichokes (or marinated artichokes)
- handful of spinach
- 1/2-1 tbsp garlic powder
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 cup cooked/canned chickpeas or white beans
- salt & pepper to taste if needed
- Add everything into a food processor and blend well.
- Use as a sandwich spread or a dip. You can store this in the fridge for about 3-4 days.