In today’s ‘What I Ate in a Week’ video, I shared with you guys what I ate in 7 days as a vegan in quarantine~! Check out the video below and scroll down below for some of the recipes!
In today’s What I Ate in a Week video, I filmed (almost) everything I ate so I could share it with you guys. I have been spending most of my time at home (as most of us are because of this home quarantine situation), so I tried making meals using only ingredients that were already in my kitchen (Yes, I’ve been trying to limit my trips to the grocery store since this quarantine situation started).
Some of the food I included in the video, you might have already seen in my previous quarantine-friendly recipe videos, like this ketchup spaghetti and sweet vegan meatballs (above). I also had a few meals (mostly Korean food) at my parents’ home because there were days I stayed there to visit (both my parents and Nari but mostly Nari haha I’m kidding LOL).
If you’ve been following along my content on my YouTube channel, you might also find this photo familiar, as it was the Thai food takeout my roommate Angela and I had for my mukbang video last week! You can find the video here if you haven’t seen that yet.
I could probably ramble on and on about what food I ate, but I know most of you guys would prefer to watch and see for yourselves the glory of all these delicious foods! So head on over to the video above to see what I ate!
Most of you might want to try some of the recipes, so I picked out a few of the recipes from the video and posted them below for you to try out. (NOTE: These are just simple meal ideas so I didn’t feel the need to include measurements. Feel free to wing it however you’d like!)
Let’s get cooking!
Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- Canned chickpeas
- Vegan mayo
- Dijon mustard
- Sweet pickle relish
- Avocado slices
- 2 pcs of toasted bread
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Mash the chickpeas and add a little bit of mayo, dijon mustard, sweet pickle relish, and parsley. Mix well.
- Mash some avocado slices onto one of the bread pieces.
- Scoop some of the chickpea salad on the other piece of bread and top with alfalfa sprouts.
- Assemble your sandwich and enjoy!
Soba Noodle Salad
- Romaine lettuce, chopped finely
- Carrots, julienned
- Frozen edamame beans
- Soba noodles
For the sauce:
- Soy sauce
- Rice vinegar
- Maple syrup (or any sweetener of choice)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together carrots and romaine lettuce.
- Boil some water in a large pot. Put in soba noodles and frozen edamame beans and allow to cook for 4 minutes.
- Once cooked, drain beans and noodles then rinse in cold water. Add into the mixing bowl.
- Add in minced garlic and the sauce.
- Pour in a little bit of toasted sesame oil.
- Top with toasted sesame seeds.
- Enjoy it with kimchi!
Tempeh Teriyaki Stir Fry
- Tempeh (I used the plain variant)
- A small amount of oil for frying
- Frozen mixed vegetables
- A small amount of vegan butter
- Teriyaki sauce
- Slice up your tempeh into small pieces.
- Heat a little bit of oil in a frying pan and cook the tempeh until it’s nicely golden on the sides. Set aside.
- Add in the frozen mixed vegetables (add more peas if you’d like).
- Melt a little bit of vegan butter onto the mixed vegetables and continue cooking.
- Add in the cooked tempeh and pour in some teriyaki sauce (use however much you like).
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Enjoy it with rice!