This fresh veggie bibimbap recipe takes 5 mins to make consisting of rice, vegetables, and a Korean spicy paste called “gochujang”.
The Korean word “bibimbap” means “mixed rice” and the dish itself is a popular Korean dish consisting of rice, a mixture of vegetables, and gochujang (Korean red pepper paste). The classic Bibimbap is often served with an egg or some meat in it, so you can easily make it veggie by adding a vegetable protein: chickpeas, beans, tofu, etc.
Recipe for Veggie Bibimbap
Bibimbap is definitely one of my absolute favourite dishes and has been since before I was even vegan!
To make an easy veggie bibimbap in 5 mins, use some leftover cooked rice, chop your veggies and add a vegan protein of your choice. I used chickpeas for this recipe, but I often use beans, lentils, or edamame (if I’m lazy or in a hurry) so it’s up to your personal taste or what you currently have at home.
Another favourite option for me is some pan-fried medium-firm tofu with some salt, which reminds me of a fried egg, especially once mixed together into the bibimbap. So if you have extra time to cook, highly recommend adding pan-fried tofu to your veggie bibimbap!
Want spicy bibimbap? or mild spice? Use as much or as little of the gochujang as you’d like. This depends on how spicy you want your dish! If you don’t like things too spicy, feel free to add in some soy sauce to make it more flavourful.
Ingredients for Korean Bibimbap (Veggie)
- Short grain rice
- Bell pepper
- Toasted sesame oil (chamgireum)
How To Make Fresh Veggie Bibimbap
Start by cooking your rice! Add your cooked rice to a large serving bowl!
Next, chop up your vegetables! Thinly slice your bell pepper and cucumber, chop your lettuce and shred your cabbage. Rinse and drain your chickpeas.
Add all the vegetables, gochujang, and toasted sesame oil into your bowl of cooked rice and mix with a spoon until well combined.
Enjoy your vegan bibimbap! It’s a super quick and easy meal!
Veggie Bibimbap (5 mins)
- 1 cup short grain rice cooked
- 1/4 bell pepper sliced thinly
- 1/4 cucumber sliced thinly
- 1 cup cabbage shredded, I used red cabbage
- 1 cup lettuce chopped
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 1 tbsp gochujang adjust amount depending on desired spice level
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil (chamgireum)
- 1 Roasted seaweed sheet (optional) crumbled
- Start by adding your leftover rice into a large serving bowl or cook your rice! And then add your cooked rice to a large serving bowl when done!
- Add all other ingredients into the bowl and mix with a spoon until well-combined.
- Enjoy your fresh veggie bibimbap right away as a quick and easy meal.
NEED MORE VEGAN RECIPE INSPO? CHECK THESE OUT: