This oil-free vegan ricotta cheese recipe only takes 2 mins to make from scratch using 6 simple ingredients! How easy is that! You won’t find an easier vegan ricotta recipe!
All you need to make this vegan oil-free ricotta sauce is tofu, lemon juice, garlic powder, dry basil, salt, and nutritional yeast to make it the best vegan ricotta!
Recipe for Vegan Ricotta Cheese
This vegan ricotta cheese doesn’t use cashews and is oil-free! It can be made in 2 mins using a food processor (preferred) or high-speed blender to make this smooth and creamy ricotta cheese.
This vegan cheese recipe is perfect to use in a vegan lasagna or any other recipe where ricotta cheese is used. This also works as a fantastic spread on top of toast, in a wrap or in a sandwich.
This is one of my favourite recipes that I make over and over again. I can’t count how many times I’ve made this. This is my go-to recipe whenever I make lasagna and so many of my friends who have tried my lasagna cannot believe that this ricotta is made of tofu as the main ingredient.
Related Recipe: Oil-Free Vegan Cheese Sauce
- Tofu (extra firm)
- Lemon juice
- Garlic Powder
- Dry Basil
- Nutritional Yeast (for cheesy taste!)
This oil-free vegan ricotta cheese is gluten-free, nut-free & perfect for many dishes!
How To Make Ricotta Cheese (Vegan)
Start by breaking up the tofu into smaller chunks and add everything into a food processor (preferred) or a high-speed blender.
Blend everything until smooth and thick. This might take a minute or so and you may have to scrape down the sides once or twice. That’s it!
Store in a tightly sealed container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days or use in a vegan lasagna, sandwich or many other recipes where ricotta cheese is added.
Vegan Ricotta Cheese Recipe
- Food Processor or high-speed blender
- 1 block Tofu Extra Firm Tofu
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice or 1 whole lemon juiced
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Basil dry
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
- Break up the tofu into smaller chunks and add everything into a food processor (preferred) or a high speed blender.
- Blend until smooth and thick. This might take a minute or so and you may have to scrape down the sides once or twice.
- Store in a tightly sealed container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days or use in a vegan lasagna.
NEED MORE VEGAN RECIPE INSPO? CHECK THESE OUT: