As seen on my “5 VEGAN COMFORT BREAKFAST/BRUNCH DISHES UNDER $5” video:
Please see below for the written recipe!
Vegan Hash Browns with Crispy Tofu & Gravy
Ingredients (approx. one serving):
- 1 medium potato
- 2-3 stalks of green onion, chopped
- 1/2 tomato, chopped
- 1-2 pieces of crispy tofu (from my Crispy Tofu & Waffles recipe)
- 1/4 avocado, sliced (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp prepared vegan gravy
- Peel and shred your potato in whatever fashion you please. I used a julienne peeler for the shredding portion.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan on medium-high heat, then add the green onions, tomato and shredded potato and mix well. Add a pinch of salt if you wish.
- Let the potatoes cook for about 4-5 minutes until the bottoms have browned slightly, then continue to mix around until the potatoes have completely cooked and have browned all over.
- Add hash browns onto a serving plate, top with crispy tofu and avocado slices.
- Pour some vegan gravy on top and enjoy!!!