As seen on my “5 VEGAN COMFORT BREAKFAST/BRUNCH DISHES UNDER $5” video:
Please see below for the written recipe!
Vegan Chicken & Waffles (Crispy Tofu & Waffles) Recipe
Ingredients (approx. 2 servings):
- 1 + 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- Crispy tofu
- 1/2 package extra firm tofu
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp chicken seasoning mix (this does not contain chicken lol)
- 1/2 – 1 cup seasoned coating mix
- Vegetable oil to fry
- Serve with vegan gravy or maple syrup
- Prepare your waffles by mixing the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl then adding in the non-dairy milk. Mix until well-combined.
- Grease your waffle maker if necessary then pour the mixture into the waffle maker – this makes around 2 medium-sized waffles. Cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- While the waffle(s) are cooking, you can prepare the tofu. Cut your tofu into thin flat squares (watch video to see what I mean).
- Heat about a tablespoon of oil on a frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, add the non-dairy milk, chicken seasoning and flour into a small bowl and mix with a fork until well-combined.
- Spread the seasoned coating mix onto a large plate.
- Dip each piece of tofu into the liquid mixture then transfer onto the coating mix and evenly coat.
- Fry on each side for around 3-5 minutes on medium-high heat until nicely crispy and browned on the outside.
- Place on top of prepared waffles, top with gravy or maple syrup and enjoy!