Today, I’m doing a What I Ate in a Day — blogpost edition! Enjoy reading and FYI — I am working with a brand called NewAir. Scroll down to get 10% OFF on their amazing drinks fridge [code below]!
Hi friends, today I thought I would do something fun and share a little “What I Eat in a Day” – BLOGPOST edition! Of course, I also have to share a delicious recipe with you as well which I’m super excited about. It’s a super simple and easy 10 minute vegan burrito recipe which is not only delicious, but healthy and full of protein! Everything I love in a dish.
I normally do video versions of “What I Eat in a Days” which are my favourite because I can show you exactly how to make the recipes and I’m definitely a visual person! But I thought why not (once in a while) share these in photo form in a more casual blog format. Let me know if this is something you want to see more often!
Water & Coffee
I usually start the day off with some water and some black coffee… By usually, I mean basically every single day. I love having black coffee first thing in the morning and I normally drink it while doing some work before breakfast.
Around an hour after finishing my coffee, I head over to the kitchen for a hearty filling breakfast – a piece of sourdough toast with some tomato paste and some homemade cashew cheese (made by my mom – I’m hoping to get you guys the recipe soon!). I also had some baked beans (I used Heinz Original) and decided I needed some veggies so had myself a small side salad of cucumber and tomato, tossed with balsamic vinegar.
I guess that wasn’t enough so I also made myself a simple pre-made smoothie. Check out this video to see which pre-made smoothie I enjoyed.
As you can see, I’m a big fan of variety! Despite what it looks like, this took me only 5-10 minutes to prepare and enjoy. This meal follows my usual criteria – I have some carbs, some plant-based protein, some vegetables and healthy fats.
Mid Morning Drink + My NewAir Drinks Fridge!
If you are familiar with my channel, you might know that I have a bit of an unhealthy obsession with Bubly – a delicious and naturally flavoured sparkling water. It’s strange because I normally don’t drink sparkling water of any kind but ever since I was introduced to Bubly, I was hooked! And now, I have this beautiful drink fridge from NewAir that I store my Bubly (along with some other drinks *ahem*) to keep my cans cool and ready to drink!
This particular drinks fridge (SKU: ABR-1770) is packed with amazing features such as the following:
In fact, it can hold up to 177 cans! (Obviously, I wasn’t able to fill it up but that just means I can fill it up like I was preparing for doomsday LOL
This allows for storing not just my million cans of Bubly, but also bottles when I need to.
I find this feature useful if you want to slide this fridge between your kitchen counters (see sample photo below). In my case though, I just don’t have the space so I store it in a corner.
I find the humming sounds from other drink fridges distracting. This one is a quiet fridge, making it perfect for use at home.
Other useful features:
- Digital thermostat control
- Sleek design for modern homes
- Triple-paned doors to lock in the cold
I’m pretty obsessed with this new fridge as someone that literally drinks about 2-4 cans of Bubly a day (I wish I was exaggerating…) and also as someone that likes to have a cheeky beer from time to time. And because of what I do for a living (making recipes), my main fridge is almost ALWAYS jam packed and I never have any room for drinks. This is why I’m so happy that I have this beautiful drink fridge. I’m also extra excited for when we are able to have people over at our place – we can keep our drinks cool for everyone to enjoy!
Click the button below to purchase this beautiful drinks fridge – perfect for an office or home office, or just a regular kitchen. Make sure to use the code ‘CHEAPLAZYVEGAN’ upon checkout to get 10% OFF your purchase!
NOTE: this blogpost is kindly sponsored by NewAir! 😁
I have the privilege of always having a LOT of food in my house (because of what I do for a living) so most of my meals consist of “leftovers”. This lunch was no different – I had some leftover pasta bake, which I made for a video I did with LiveKindly! Check out the video and recipe here~
On the side, I also had some baby carrots and some Oat Pulp Bean Balls, which I made using a few simple ingredients with some leftover oat pulp. The oat pulp was leftover from me making my own oat milk. I like to do creative things with the leftover pulp, such as making cookies or bean balls like this one.
Here’s the simple recipe!
Oat Pulp Bean Balls Recipe
Ingredients (Makes around 35-38 small balls):
- 2 cups oat pulp (should be a bit damp)
- 1 can beans, drained & rinsed (I used black beans)
- 156ml (small can) tomato paste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp dry parsley
- I used an air fryer to make these but if you are using an oven, preheat oven to 370 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients together and mix well.
- Shape mixture into small balls (I used a tablespoon to scoop) and air fry at 370 degrees F for 20 minutes. If baking, bake for a little longer, flipping the balls halfway through.
Dinner & Healthy Dessert
Dinner was a very simple and quick meal and it took me basically around 10 minutes to make. I made myself an absolutely delicious 10 minute vegan burrito… yes, 10 minutes!
Alongside the burrito, I also had a simple salad with some mixed greens, mini cucumber, olives and a leftover tahini dressing that I had in my fridge. A delicious and filling meal does not have to be complicated.
Here’s the burrito recipe…
10 Minute Vegan Couscous Burrito
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 1/2 cup dry couscous
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup boiling water
Bell pepper & onioon:
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1/4 onion, sliced thinly
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt or regular salt
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 large tortilla wrap
- 1/2 avocado
- Squeeze of lime or lemon
- 4 tbsp salsa
- Optional add-ins: banana peppers, chopped cilantro
- In a large serving bowl, add couscous, tomato paste, taco seasoning, and boiling water. Mix well and cover. Let it sit for 5 minutes while preparing other ingredients.
- Heat oil on a non-stick pan on medium-high heat and cook onions and bell pepper until softened. Add garlic salt. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add more oil if desired and add black beans and taco seasoning. Toss well, adding splashes of water if needed.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork once cooked.
- Now, assemble the burrito by taking a large tortilla wrap and add avocado with a squeeze of lime or lemon.
- For one wrap, add half the amount of couscous, bell pepper & onion mixture, black beans, and salsa. Add other desired ingredients such as cilantro and banana peppers.
- Wrap into a burrito starting by folding the sides, then folding from the bottom to cover the filling and rolling to seal the burrito. I like to warm slightly on a dry pan on each side to make it crisp up a little.
- Enjoy right away!
After enjoying the burrito, I finished off with an orange as a healthy dessert. I’ve been trying my best to reach for fruit for a healthy snack or dessert! Sometimes I still have chocolate but you gotta have balance, right?
So that’s basically all I had to eat on this day – did you enjoy this blogpost? Did you find it helpful or interesting?