This recipe for a vegan buffalo chicken wrap is a super quick 15 mins recipe! Perfect for lunch or even for high protein meal prep! This recipe is for 1 serving, which is perfect for lunch, so just multiply servings for meal prep or a family meal.
This vegan buffalo chicken is high in protein and easy to whip up. This recipe comes with ideas to fill your wrap with vegetables and even a simple vegan coleslaw packed with flavour. All you need is 5 main ingredients & can be filled with whatever vegetables you want.
Recipe for Vegan Buffalo Chicken Wrap
This vegan buffalo chicken wrap recipe is one of my favourite lunches to make!
I love the versatility of this high protein recipe because you can fill it with anything you want on top of the vegan buffalo chicken. I used soy curls as the “chicken” because they’re easy to use, high in protein, have a meaty texture like chicken and crisp nicely with some cornstarch! I recommend air frying but you can pan fry as well if you don’t have an air fryer.
I use Frank’s hot sauce for the buffalo chicken since it’s a go-to and it’s slightly spicy and kinda sweet/salty which I like.
The optionally vegan coleslaw in the wrap gives it a nice fresh crunch and slight tang and of course, adding veggies in here gives more texture, crunch and freshness.
- Soy Curls
- Garlic powder
- Vegan buffalo sauce (ex: Frank’s)
- Tortilla Wrap
- Shredded Cabbage
- Dijon Mustard
Extra Vegetables to add (optional):
- Cucumber slices
- Bell pepper slices
This recipe is meat-free and nut-free.
To make the recipe gluten-free, simply swap wrap with a gluten-free tortilla.
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Wrap (Vegan)
1. Start by soaking your soy curls with warm/hot water in a bowl and let it sit for 5-10 minutes or until soy curls have expanded and softened. Drain and squeeze out excess water. You should have soy curls that look like chicken strips (which you can also crumble to make smaller pieces).
2. Next, add the soy curls to a mixing bowl and toss in cornstarch, garlic powder, and salt & pepper.
3. Then you’ll want to cook your vegan chicken. If you want to air-fryer (like I did), you can grease your air fryer tray with a small amount of oil if you want – to reduce sticking. And air fry at 370 degrees for around 8 minutes or until slightly crispy. If you don’t have an air fryer or want to cook in a pan, fry with a small amount of oil in a non-stick pan until slightly crispy.
4. While soy curls are cooking, feel free to make my vegan coleslaw by mixing together shredded cabbage, hummus, and dijon mustard. It’s really delicious! You can also slice up any vegetables you want to add to your vegan buffalo chicken wrap.
5. Once soy curls are cooked, toss with your vegan buffalo sauce (adjust the amount according to your preference).
6. Then, add all the ingredients to the centre of your large tortilla and wrap it up. Feel free to switch up the vegetables according to your preference and what you have.
7. For a toasted vegan buffalo chicken wrap, toast or press in a panini press and enjoy!
Vegan Buffalo Chicken Wrap
- Air fryer or non-stick pan
- Mixing Bowl
- 30 grams Soy Curls dry
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 cup Cabbage shredded
- 1 tbsp Hummus
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp Vegan Buffalo sauce I used Frank's red hot sauce (add more if you want)
- 1 Tortilla wrap
- 1/4 Cucumber sliced thinly (optional)
- 1/4 Bell Pepper sliced thinly (optional)
- Soak soy curls with warm or hot water in a bowl and let it sit for 5-10 minutes or until soy curls have softened. Drain and squeeze out excess water.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the soy curls and toss in cornstarch, garlic powder and salt & pepper.
- If needed, grease your air fryer tray with a small amount of oil. Air fry at 370 degrees for around 8 minutes or until slightly crispy. If you don’t have an air fryer, pan fry with a small amount of oil in a non-stick pan.
- While soy curls are cooking, mix together shredded cabbage, hummus and dijon mustard.
- Once soy curls are cooked, toss with buffalo sauce (adjust the amount according to your preference).
- In a large tortilla wrap, add all the ingredients in the centre and wrap up. Feel free to switch up the vegetables according to your preference and what you have.
- Toast or press in a panini press and enjoy!
NEED MORE RECIPE IDEAS? CHECK THESE OUT: