Ultra Lazy Vegan Recipes Collection… this is part 2!
Check out part 1 for more Ultra Lazy Vegan meal ideas….
Today’s post will feature some ridiculously easy (and cheap!) vegan meal ideas. You could make these in 10 minutes or less! See below for all the ideas or watch the video above.
Lazy Soba Noodle Bowl
- Soba (buckwheat) noodles
- Frozen vegetables of choice: I used edamame beans, corn and green beans
- Soy sauce or gluten-free equivalent
- Rice vinegar
- Toasted sesame oil
- Maple syrup or agave nectar (optional)
- Toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Chopped green onions (optional)
- Cook soba noodles according to instructions.
- When your soba noodles have about 2-3 minutes left to cook, throw in your frozen vegetables into the hot water along with the soba noodles.
- When noodles and vegetables are ready, rinse in cold water and drain.
- Place into a bowl and add whatever sauces and condiments you desire. I used soy sauce, rice vinegar and toasted sesame oil (didn’t measure). Add however much you wish.
- Top with toasted sesame seeds and/or chopped green onions (optional).
Couscous Sushi Bowl
This is a similar concept to my couscous burrito bowl recipe.
Ingredients (one serving)
- 1/2 cup dry couscous
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp boiling water
- Splash of rice vinegar
- Splash of soy sauce
- 1/3 cup cooked/canned chickpeas
- 1/3 cup edamame beans
- 1/3 cup chopped carrots or other vegetables of your choice
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 nori/dry seaweed sheet
- toasted sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- spicy cashew mayo (optional drizzle) – recipe can be found here
- Place dry couscous in a serving bowl and add boiling water. Cover with a plate and let it sit for about 3-5 minutes while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
- When the couscous is done, fluff and mix around with a fork.
- Add a splash of rice vinegar and a splash of soy sauce and mix well. Add more if needed.
- Then you can just add the other ingredients on top – chickpeas, edamame beans, carrots, avocado…
- Rip up the nori sheet into small pieces and you can add that as well.
- Then top with toasted sesame seeds and spicy cashew mayo and ENJOY.
- Remember that this is super versatile so you can basically do whatever you want with this… these ingredients are simply suggestions!
Lazy AF Pasta Salad
- Pasta of choice – I used gluten-free quinoa macaroni
- Fresh vegetables of choice – I used baby spinach, chopped tomatoes, chopped carrots
- Plant-based protein of choice – I used firm tofu, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Vegan-friendly salad dressing of choice
- Nutritional yeast (optional)
- Cook pasta according to instructions.
- Prepare and cut vegetables (if needed) while pasta is cooking.
- When pasta is done cooking, rinse in cold water and drain.
- Add pasta, vegetables and protein into a big bowl.
- Add vegan-friendly salad dressing of your choice, nutritional yeast (optional) and mix well.