I know that this isn’t new on my channel/blog… Let’s face it, my entire platform is about lazy recipes lol. But I wanted to make it easy for you guys to access the really lazy meal ideas and recipes, so I decided to start somewhat of a series. This will be also accessible in a YouTube playlist so you can always go back to these videos and refer to them on those especially lazy days/nights.
Watch the video below and scroll down for the written “recipes”.
Lazy Vegan Recipes #1:
To be honest, these are simple meal ideas – I don’t even want to call them “recipes” since it’s seriously too easy to make. I also would rather not measure a lot of the ingredients, since this is for lazy people… and being lazy sometimes means not measuring things cause that takes a bit of effort.
Here are some ultra lazy vegan meal ideas for those days when you just can’t be bothered!
Vegan Pizza Wrap with Easy Tofu “Cheese”
- Tortilla wrap of any kind
- Marinara sauce
- Protein of choice – I used cut up vegan sausage, but you could use beans, lentils, smoked tofu… options are endless.
- Vegetables of choice – I used baby spinach because that’s what I had on hand
- Easy Tofu “Cheese” Spread:
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 block firm or extra firm tofu
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 3-4 tbsp nutritional yeast (or more)
- 1/4 tsp salt (or more depending on preference)
- 1 tbsp basil
- Splash of non-dairy milk or water, if needed
- Add all tofu cheese spread ingredients into a blender or food processor – blend until smooth. If you need help blending, add a splash of non-dairy milk (or water). It should be a thick but smooth cream cheese-like consistency.
- Spread however much of the tofu spread onto a tortilla wrap. Add some marinara sauce, protein of choice and vegetables of choice.
- Wrap like you would a burrito – wrapping from the bottom, the sides and then rolling.
- I warmed mine up on a frying pan on medium heat until the outside was nicely toasted – you can put it in a panini press or whatever you have.
Avocado and Tofu Cheese Sandwich
- 2 slices of bread (whatever kind you want to use – just check the ingredients to make sure it is vegan)
- 1/4 – 1/2 avocado
- Tofu “cheese” spread (see recipe above)
- Other fillings of choice….
- Come on… you know how to make a sandwich, don’t you?
- Okay, if you don’t – toast your bread if you like your bread toasted. Then spread your tofu cheese spread onto one piece of toasted bread.
- Then on that piece, lay down some slices of avocado.
- Put whatever other fillings you want – I used tomato and baby spinach.
- Then I put more tofu cheese spread onto the other piece of toasted bread and finished off the sandwich. I even added a little marinara sauce to make it more interesting.
Simple Creamy Pasta
*No measurements, cause seriously, I didn’t measure lol watch the video above for reference
- Pasta of choice – I used gluten-free quinoa macaroni
- Homemade Tofu Cheese Spread (see above for recipe)
- Non-dairy milk – I used unsweetened almond milk
- Garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to instructions.
- Add the tofu cheese to a food processor or blender (I already had the tofu cheese in there from before, so I was ultra lazy).
- Add a small amount of non-dairy milk, garlic powder (optional) and other spices/herbs (if desired) to the blender and blend until a thinner pasta sauce-like consistency. Add a little non-dairy milk at a time to get the desired consistency.
- Drain pasta and add your new sauce to it! You can add other veggies if you want. SO EASY!