Watch the video above for the recipes // scroll down for the written recipes AND nutrition info!
Let’s face it – LONG INGREDIENTS LISTS SCARE ME!!!! I’m not even joking – I legit have exited out of recipes when I saw that the ingredients list was too long… am I the only one?
Of course, I’m a fan of making slightly more extravagant meals once in a while… but on a daily basis when I’m just trying to get through the day and get food in my stomach, I want my food to be simple and easy to make. One of the ways to make your meals easier is to SIMPLIFY. Simplify your recipes by simplifying your ingredients. The less ingredients you need to worry about, the better!
Not only are these recipes only consisting THREE INGREDIENTS (I know, I can hardly believe it myself), they are also HIGH PROTEIN recipes. I wanted to make sure that you would still be able to be FULL from these three ingredient recipes.
These are also APOCALYPSE FRIENDLY! Ingredients that you can store and find easily in your pantry. So no running to the grocery store every time you wanna make one of these.
I even screenshot the nutrition information that I got from inputting these recipes into MyFitnessPal, a calorie counting app!
So if you are ready for these… let’s see what all the fuss is about!
Three Ingredient High Protein Bean Balls
Ingredients (makes about 20 balls):
- 2 cups cooked/canned chickpeas (rinsed & drained)
- 3/4 cup tomato based pasta sauce
- 1.5-2 cups almond flour (substitute oat flour if preferred)
- around 1/2 cup almond flour (or other kind of flour, or breadcrumbs) to coat
- Add chickpeas into a food processor and pulse a few times until mashed OR mash with a fork or masher.
- Add mashed chickpeas into a large mixing bowl along with the pasta sauce and almond flour. Mix everything well. If the mixture is too wet, add a little more almond flour (or any other kind of flour).
- Add the 1/2 cup of almond flour onto a plate. Form small balls out of the chickpea mixture and coat each ball with the almond flour.
- Cook in the air fryer (OR in a preheated oven) at 370 degrees for 20-25 minutes OR until slightly browned and firmed, flipping half way.
Three Ingredient Vegan Chili Recipe
- 796ml (large) can of stewed or diced tomatoes with herbs and spices
- 1 cup cooked/canned black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein (TVP)
- 1 cup water
- Add all ingredients into a wok or a pot.
- Add other ingredients, such as vegetables, if preferred.
- Bring to a boil on high heat then turn down to simmer for about 10-20 minutes.
Three Ingredient Red Curry Peanut Pasta
- 85g or 3oz of high protein style pasta (I used Pow! Red Lentil Rotini)
- 2 tbsp all natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1-2 tbsp water
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to instructions. Save a small amount of pasta water (about 1/2 cup) before draining the pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, add peanut butter and red curry paste into a small bowl and mix well.
- Add 1-2 tbsp of water to thin out the sauce mixture and mix well.
- Take out the cooked pasta and using the same pot, add the sauce mixture along with the saved pasta water. Then add the pasta back in and mix well.
- Add in other optional ingredients, and serve!