As seen on my “5 VEGAN COMFORT BREAKFAST/BRUNCH DISHES UNDER $5” video:
Please see below for the written recipe!
Scrambled Tofu & Avocado Bruschetta
Ingredients (one serving):
- 3-4 pieces of canned stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 package extra firm tofu
- 1-2 tsp chicken taco seasoning mix (this is just a seasoning mix and doesn’t contain chicken… you can use whatever spices you’d like for scrambled tofu)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 slices of french bread or baguette
- 1/4 avocado
- In a frying pan on medium-high heat, heat a little bit of vegetable oil and add the stewed tomatoes. Break them apart slightly and cook them a little until the tomatoes are a little less liquidy. Set aside in a small plate.
- In the same frying pan, crumble the tofu with your fingers. Add taco seasoning and green onions. Mix well (aka “scramble”). Add more seasonings or any other spices you’d like (please note that I made this recipe during a budget challenge, which is why I used chicken seasoning mix!).
- On each french bread slice, spread the stewed tomato mix then add half the scrambled tofu.
- Top with avocado slices and enjoy!!!