For a delicious lunch or easy-to-make meal, try this creamy peanut butter udon noodles recipe!
It takes only 3 mins and perfect for those who are short on time (or having a lazy day!) and need something tasty, filling & fast!
Recipe for Peanut Butter Udon Noodles
Udon noodles are great because they’re pretty much ready to go by simply boiling them in hot water or putting them in a microwave (extremely dorm-friendly, don’t you think?). There’s no “cooking” involved and are ready in about 2 minutes!
What I love most is that you can add whatever you want like a peanut butter sauce and veggies to go along with these chewy, thick, and delicious noodles.
We all have those days when we really couldn’t be bothered to make a meal and we just want something super easy and quick.
This Peanut Butter Udon Noodles recipe is a ridiculously easy and delicious meal that you can whip up in less than 5 minutes – without any cooking (which is also perfect for anyone living in a dorm or any day when you don’t feel like cooking over the stove)!
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Udon Noodles (Vegan)
- Udon noodles
- Peanut Butter
- Maple syrup
- Apple cider vinegar
- Soy sauce
- Frozen vegetables (I used edamame beans & mixed veg)
How To Make Peanut Butter Udon Noodles
Start by adding udon noodles and your frozen vegetables to a microwave-safe bowl and fill it with boiling water.
Next, microwave it for 2 mins! While microwaving, make your peanut butter udon noodle sauce by mixing together peanut butter and maple syrup. Then add in apple cider vinegar and soy sauce. Mix until smooth.
Drain the water from your udon noodles and vegetables. Pour the peanut butter sauce into the noodles and mix well.
Optionally, you can top your dish with crushed red peppers and toasted sesame seeds!
Peanut Butter Udon Noodles
- 1 Medium-Large Bowl Microwave-safe
- 1 Small bowl
- 1 Whisk
- 1 Strainer
- 1 package Udon Noodles
- 1/4 cup Edamame beans frozen
- 1/4 cup Mixed vegetables frozen
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes optional topping
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds optional topping
- Add udon noodles and frozen veggies to a microwave-safe bowl filled with hot water. No need to measure as you'll be draining it afterwards. Microwave for 2 minutes.
- While microwaving, make the peanut butter sauce by mixing together peanut butter and maple syrup. Then add in apple cider vinegar and soy sauce. Mix until smooth.
- Drain the water once you've microwaved your udon noodles and vegetables.
- Pour sauce into the noodles and mix well.
- Top with crushed red peppers and toasted sesame seeds (optional). Enjoy!
NEED MORE VEGAN RECIPE INSPO? CHECK THESE OUT: