This oil-free vegan cheese sauce recipe only takes 2 mins to make if you have pre-soaked cashews or about 15-20 mins to make this sauce from scratch using 8 simple ingredients!
All you need to make this vegan oil-free cheese sauce is cashews, unsweetened vegan milk, garlic, nutritional yeast, and a few simple seasoning to make it the perfect cheesey sauce which goes perfectly with my vegan mac & cheese recipe!
Recipe for Oil-Free Vegan Cheese Sauce
This vegan oil-free cheese sauce is so good you’ll be licking the blender after you’re done blending this smooth, creamy and cheesy sauce.
It’s super rich in flavour, creamy, and tastes slightly smokey (if you use smoked paprika which I recommend it’s so good).
Vegan cheese without oil might seem hard to make tasty but this sauce is everything you need in a vegan cheese sauce: cheesy, tasty, creamy and savoury at the same time. And you can make it taste slightly smokey if you use smoked paprika which I recommend it’s so good.
To get the best oil-free vegan cheese sauce, soak your cashews overnight, but if you don’t have time, you can boil your cashews in water for around 15 mins!
Related Recipe: Oil-Free Vegan Mac and Cheese
- Unsweetened vegan milk
- Nutritional Yeast
- Mustard or Dijon Mustard
- Garlic Powder
- Garlic (optional)
This oil-free vegan sauce is gluten-free!
To make the recipe soy-free, simply use soy-free vegan milk.
To make vegan cheese sauce without nutritional yeast, you can omit and use something else for a cheesy taste! Super easy would be to add a little bit of your fave vegan cheese product or from scratch use more garlic powder, brewer’s yeast, and a little salt to get a parmesan cheese substitute.
How To Make Oil-Free Cheese Sauce (Vegan)
Start by making sure you have soaked cashews! I recommend soaking cashews in water overnight to soften OR boil with water for around 15-20 minutes.
Drain cashews then add all ingredients into a blender. Blend on high until creamy and smooth. Done! See! 2 mins and you’ll have creamy vegan cheese sauce that’s oil-free!
Highly recommend using this sauce as a delicious vegan mac & cheese sauce as I did in my mac & cheese recipe!
Oil-Free Vegan Cheese Sauce
- Bowl or Pot to soak cashews
- 1.5 cups Cashews soaked & softened (see instructions)
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened vegan milk
- 1/2 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tbsp Mustard or Dijon Mustard
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice or 1 whole lemon juiced
- 1 tsp Paprika highly recommend smoked paprika
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1-2 tsp Salt
- 3 cloves garlic peeled or use an extra tbsp of garlic powder if you don't have fresh garlic
- Start by making sure you have soaked cashews! I recommend soaking cashews in water overnight to soften OR boil with water for around 15-20 minutes.
- Drain cashews then add all ingredients into a blender. Blend on high until creamy and smooth. Done! See! 2 mins and you'll have creamy vegan cheese sauce that's oil-free!
- Highly recommend using this sauce as a delicious vegan mac & cheese sauce like I did in my mac & cheese recipe!
NEED MORE VEGAN RECIPE INSPO? CHECK THESE OUT: