For this post, I decided to share THREE delicious and easy-to-make dessert recipes that are perfect to make for the holidays! Check out the video I did with Pop Kitchen for reference and scroll down for the written recipes~
People might think that vegan desserts are pretty difficult to make, or that they don’t really know what could go into a dessert to make it vegan (no, you won’t find broccoli in that cake, thank you very much!).
There are so many vegan desserts that are so easy to make and are perfect for the holidays! With just a few simple swaps, you can pretty much make any dessert vegan. Recently, I worked with Pop Kitchen to bring you 3 easy vegan dessert ideas for the holidays. I wanted to share these with you today since they are super fun and festive.
Trust me, even the kids will love these~ 😉
If you want more easy & festive holiday recipes (not just desserts), check out my Christmas recipes video for this year!
Without further ado, here are the dessert recipes!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake Pops
For the cheesecake:
- 1.5 cups cashews (soaked & softened – see instructions)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
Other optional ingredients:
- Sprinkles for decoration
- Soak cashews overnight OR boil them with water for about 20 minutes until softened.
- Drain and rinse the soaked cashews then add them in a high-speed blender or food processor, along with all other cheesecake ingredients.
- Blend on high for around a minute or until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Place mixture in a glass baking pan or container and place in freezer for around 1-2 hours or until it is solid enough to form balls. Stir every 30 minutes to check the consistency.
- Using your clean hands, form the mixture into small balls (around 1 tbsp each) and insert a lollipop or coffee stir stick halfway through.
- Place back into the freezer for another 5-10 minutes while you make the chocolate coating.
- For the chocolate coating, place all ingredients into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for around 20 seconds to melt. Mix well and if it needs more melting, microwave at 10 second intervals until a smooth consistency.
- Take the pops back out of the freezer and coat with the chocolate coating and immediately top with the sprinkles (if using). Rotate the stick around for a few seconds to allow the chocolate to harden.
- Place each stick into a container once hardened or if you want them upright, use a lollipop holder or a vase filled with coffee beans (or anything else) to keep the sticks upright.
- Serve cold! Freeze if not serving right away.
Gingerbread Mini Donut Balls (around 23-25 balls)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1.5 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup cold vegan butter
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add in vegan butter and using clean hands, mix into the dry ingredients until the mixture becomes crumbly.
- Add in wet ingredients and mix everything with a large spoon or spatula just until everything is combined – don’t overmix.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes or air fry at the same temperature for around 10-12 minutes.
- Allow them to cool before you begin decorating – decorate as you please!
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 10 strawberries
- 100g vegan dark chocolate
- Sprinkles for decoration (optional)
- Wash strawberries, leaving the leaves on, and place on a paper towel to dry.
- Place dark chocolate into a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals until melted.
- Hold each strawberry by the leaves and dip into the chocolate. Top with sprinkles for decoration if desired. Place on parchment paper or a reusable non-stick baking sheet.
- Place in the fridge for about 10-15 minutes to allow the chocolate to set or leave in room temperature for longer until hardened.
Need some visuals to these delicious holiday desserts? Simply head over to the video below to watch! 💖
Do you need more inspiration for your next holiday feast? Here are more delicious recipes to try! 😁