Did you know wild rice is lower in calories than other types of rice AND it has more protein? Even though I don’t like to discriminate against different types of rice because all rice is holy in my eyes, if you’re looking for something a bit lighter and lower in calories, then you might want to choose wild rice! Plus, I think it’s super delicious and makes a great salad.
I made this mushroom wild rice salad as part of my light, summer recipes video – so if you want to see this recipe in video form (and other awesome recipes), then don’t forget to watch the video.
Easy light summer recipes video:
Mushroom Wild Rice Salad
- handful of mushrooms, chopped (I used dry mushrooms that have been soaked for a different recipe)
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 2 stalks green onion, chopped
- 1 cup shelled edamame (I cooked some frozen ones I had)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (or gluten-free equivalent)
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup chopped carrots or any other vegetables of choice
- Cook rice according to instructions.
- While rice is cooking, chop up and prepare vegetables that you want to use.
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar and maple syrup.
- When rice is finished add everything into a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Serve warm or cold!