Delicious, healthy, low calorie & filling… what more could you ask for?Watch the video to see the cooking in action & scroll down for the written recipes!
Today, I’m here to show you some healthy and low calorie vegan recipes that are also filling & delicious! Yes, all those things can exist simultaneously – who knew?
I’m a firm believer that you can be healthy and also enjoy food – I think there’s a misconception that healthy food isn’t tasty but is bland and boring. This is so not the case. I would say that I eat healthy most of the time but I’m always eating delicious meals. I almost never eat anything that I don’t think taste good (the only time would be if I am testing out a recipe and it didn’t go as I wanted!). Life is too short to eat bad tasting food! Enjoy your meals!!!
These are all relatively lower calorie meals that I think are still super satisfying and delicious. I’ve included the approximate calories based on my calculations, as well as the macros, just for your information. Depending on your activity level, your appetite and your size, you can adjust how much you eat or if you want to add in some sides as well.
For instance, for the stew, I would definitely eat it with some sort of a side – maybe avocado toast, salad or air fried fries!
Scroll down for the written recipes & watch the video above to see the cooking in action!
Vegan Creamy Tomato Lentil Stew Recipe
Ingredients (6 servings):
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup red lentils
- 2 cups vegan creamy tomato soup (I used one by Pacific Foods)
- 1 cup strained tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 1 serving pasta of choice
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 more cup of the creamy tomato soup
- 1 more cup of water (more/less) depending on how thick you want this soup/stew
- Optional garnish: fresh parsley & vegan cashew parmesan
- Heat oil in a large pot on medium high heat and cook onion for a couple of minutes.
- Add minced garlic, sweet potato and carrots and cook for a few minutes.
- Add broccoli, lentils, creamy tomato soup, strained tomatoes, water and pasta. Mix well.
- Bring mixture to a boil on high heat then turn down to a medium low heat.
- Add salt, nutritional yeast and basil.
- Cook for about 15-20 minutes, stirring once in a while, until the sweet potatoes and carrots are softened and cooked.
- The mixture should’ve thickened up significantly. At this point, I added in one more cup of creamy tomato soup and 1 more cup of water to thin out the mixture. Feel free to add in more or less liquid depending on the consistency you prefer. Add in more salt or other spices as needed.
- Top with optional garnishes like fresh parsley and vegan cashew parmesan.
16g protein / 49g carbohydrates / 4g fat
Chickpea Salad Coconut Wraps
Ingredients (5 wraps):
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup parsley, chopped finely
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 coconut wraps or tortilla wraps (I used Thrive Market Coconut Wraps – see video for more info)
- 1/2 cup julienned carrots
- 5 leaves romaine lettuce
- Add chickpeas into a food processor and pulse a few times until mashed. Alternatively, you can use a fork or a masher to mash chickpeas. Feel free to leave some chunks.
- In a large bowl, add mashed chickpeas, diced celery, tahini, lemon juice, dijon mustard, maple syrup, parsley, garlic powder and salt. Mix well. This is your chickpea salad.
- In each coconut wrap (you can just use tortilla wraps if you prefer, but the coconut wraps will keep the calories lower), add a large leaf of romaine lettuce, julienned carrots and the chickpea salad mix and wrap.
- Enjoy cold!
8g protein / 25g carbohydrates / 7g fat
Stir Fried Noodles & Zoodles with Vegan “Tuna”
Ingredients (1 serving):
- 1 serving rice noodles
- 1/2 zucchini, julienned
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/4 onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1.5 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- 1 package of Good Catch Fish Free Tuna or other vegan protein of choice
- Optional garnish: chopped green onions & toasted sesame seeds
- Cook rice noodles according to instructions.
- Using a julienne peeler or a spiralizer, make zucchini noodles or zoodles.
- Heat oil on a pan on medium high heat and add onion and minced garlic. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the zoodles and cook again for another couple of minutes.
- Add in the cooked rice noodles, coconut aminos, rice vinegar, garlic powder and ground ginger and mix well. Once everything is cooked, turn off heat.
- Add sesame oil and the Fish Free Tuna and mix well.
- Plate & top with optional garnish such as green onions and toasted sesame seeds.
20g protein / 59g carbs / 18g fat
2 thoughts on “Low Calorie & Filling Vegan Gluten Free Recipes (Healthy)! Including Calories & Macros”
Love the wrap recipe – always looking for new lunch ideas. Can’t wait to try them!
Thanks, Betony! Hope you got a chance to try it! 😊