For today’s casual ‘What I Ate in a Day’ video, I decided to randomly make Tofu and Bean Patties for lunch! Make sure to watch the video to see everything I ate that day, and scroll down for the written recipe!
Okay, so today I decided to share another ‘What I Ate in a Day’ video, just to show you guys what I ate in a day. Everyday of eating is different and unique and I try to eat a variety of different foods. I made a casual video so we can just catch up, chat and hang out, rather than making a formal video. I think a lot of people prefer the casual videos, what do you prefer?
So yes, I started my day by making coffee (black is how I like it!) and a hearty breakfast of scrambled tofu with a side of air fried sweet potatoes. I’ve made scrambled tofu many times in the past, but here’s one of my scrambled tofu recipe videos in case you want to try making it. Just feel free to use whichever vegetables you’d like (I used oyster mushrooms and bell pepper in today’s video).
And then, there are the glorious Tofu and Bean Patties I made for lunch, and it was seriously a delight. It’s so easy to make, uses minimal ingredients, and turned out really delicious and tasty! They go great with some ketchup and with rice…
They reminded me of these little meat patties my mom would make for me when I was young and I would take for lunch. I ate them with ketchup and rice, so I wanted to recreate that experience but veganize it.
So for those of you who want to try making this, simply watch the video above or scroll down if you prefer the written recipe. (P.S. Don’t forget to tag us on Instagram using #cheaplazyvegan or #cheaplazygang if you make this!)
Now, let’s go make us some patties!
Tofu and Bean Patties
- 350g of medium-firm tofu
- 200g zucchini
- 1 cup of canned or cooked white kidney beans or other beans of choice
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or TAMARI
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup oat flour or other flour
- Add some roughly chopped zucchini and white kidney beans to a food processor. Blend well and set aside on a mixing bowl.
- In the same food processor, add in the tofu and blend. Add to the zucchini-bean mixture and mix well.
- Add in onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Mix in soy sauce or Tamari, sesame oil, and oat flour. You now have a mixture that you can shape into small patties.
- Heat oil in a pan and cook patties for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Optional: Serve with some vegetables on the side, top with some ketchup and I definitely recommend eating it with some rice!