Watch the video above to see how to make these super easy vegan Christmas party snacks!
Ah, it’s that time of year again for parties and mingling. Maybe it’s your first time hosting a Christmas party or maybe you just want to make yourself some yummy snacks.
You might be feeling a little overwhelmed at the thought of preparing vegan snacks for your non-vegan friends or family but don’t worry, I’ve got you covered. With a few little hacks and tricks, you can easily make some yummy snacks and fool people into thinking that you are a great cook!
Easy Pizza Rolls Recipe
- Pilsbury Crescent Croissants
- Vegan cheese or make your own tofu cheese:
- 1/2 block extra firm tofu
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp dry basil
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- Marinara sauce
- Slices of vegan hot dogs
- Chopped basil
- Vegan butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Make your tofu cheese by adding all the tofu cheese ingredients into a blender or food processor and blending until smooth (should be similar to cream cheese consistency).
- Roll out the crescent rolls onto a baking sheet covered with a non-stick paper or surface.
- Spread on the tofu cheese and other optional ingredients such as marinara sauce (I found that dipping into marinara sauce after baking was more practical), vegan hot dogs, and chopped basil.
- Bake for about 11-13 minutes until nicely golden brown on the outside.
- Optional: spread a small amount of vegan butter onto each piece.
- Serve with marinara sauce!
Crispy Tofu Bites with Vegan Honey Mustard
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- Store-bought coating or homemade:
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 2-3 tbsp vegan mayo with a splash of water (use more mayo if necessary)
- Vegan Honey Mustard
- 1.5 tbsp vegan mayo
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or agave nectar
- Cut up tofu into small cubes (dry them a little with some paper towel to get rid of some of the moisture. You can press the tofu if desired while you make the coating).
- Mix coating ingredients in a small bowl.
- in a small plate, add vegan mayo with a splash of water and mix well. It should still be somewhat of a thicker liquid.
- Dip each piece of tofu into the vegan mayo then coat with the coating mixture.
- Air fry or bake at 375 degrees F for about 12-15 minutes on an air fryer (possibly longer in the oven) until they are nicely browned on the outside but not burnt.
- While the tofu pieces are air frying or baking, mix together all ingredients for the honey mustard in a small bowl.
- Serve with tooth picks for a yummy snack!
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- For about 15 strawberries I used around…
- 200g vegan chocolate PLUS
- about 1-3 tsp coconut oil
- Wash strawberries and place pieces onto a paper towel to dry.
- Break up vegan chocolate (check ingredients list for dark chocolates – many are accidentally vegan) and heat in the microwave at 30 second intervals (mixing in-between) until completely melted.
- If you want the chocolate to go a longer way or if it’s too thick, mix in a bit of coconut oil.
- Once strawberries are dry, dip into the chocolate and place on a tray covered with non-stick surface.
- If you want to attempt to make them pretty (I have failed here), place the tray into the fridge to cool down a bit, then take out to make little swirls with the leftover chocolate. Make sure you wait long enough for the chocolate to solidify even a little so that the swirls don’t just melt straight into the chocolate (the mistake I made).
- Once finished, place the try into the fridge and let it completely solidify.
2 thoughts on “Easy Vegan Party Snack Ideas for the Holidays”
Ooh, I love these ideas! The crescent rolls, chocolate covered strawberries, tofu bites are ALL winners of any palette. I’d totally dig into these recipes any day!
The pizza rolls will be a big hit in my house because of my son haha thank you!