Green curry is one of my favourite dishes and I love making my own version of it at home. Definitely not the most authentic Thai way of making the green curry, but this is so easy to make and super delicious either way! There are a million ways of making this and I usually just throw in whatever I have at the time, with just a few staple ingredients that I almost always use.
Watch the Video!
I make this quite often just because the staple ingredients are things you could keep in your kitchen and won’t really go bad (at least for a long time). I always have a thing of green curry in the fridge, I always have red split lentils and I usually always have a can of coconut milk (or at least some form of non-dairy milk). If you have these three things, you can pretty much make green curry! haha…
Whenever I make this, I usually make a big batch and store it in the fridge for about 3 days or so and also store in the freezer for later. Meal prepping made super easy! AND delicious!
Here are my usual “must-have” ingredients –
- 1-2 tbsp green curry paste (I usually just eye-ball how much I’m putting in. You can always add a little at a time and add more if you need. Just make sure there are no fish ingredients in the paste!)
- 1/2 – 1 can of regular or light coconut milk (you can also use almond milk or any other non-dairy milk but coconut milk makes it more “Thai”. If I want to make it a little less thick and creamy, I add less coconut milk and more water or another type of milk)
- Garlic powder
- Red split lentils (I never measure this and I just add as much as I feel. I add quite a bit though; probably about 1-2 cups depending on how much I want to make)
- Vegetables (I add frozen or fresh, depending on what I have and how I feel. Feel free to add whatever veggies you want to!)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Water (I just add a little at a time and add more if I feel that it gets too thick)
- Sriracha (Optional… do I need to explain?)
Other ingredients I sometimes add –
- Chopped onions
- Extra beans
- Fried or baked tofu
- Lemon juice
4 thoughts on “Easy Vegan Green Curry (My Go-To Recipe)”
This looks amazing! I’m going to make it tonight for dinner =)
Want to try your green curry.
What’s a good brand for a store bought green curry paste?
i think the one that i use is called cock-brand but i could be wrong !