Burgers are a huge favourite of mine – I’ve loved burgers when I was a meat-eater and I still love burgers today… just the vegan kind! For some reason, I never really made my own burger patties at home. I always felt that they were some ginormous task and that it would be difficult. Well, I was definitely wrong because these burger patties are super simple and easy to make. Plus you can make them in big batches, freeze them and eat them later as well! Perfect for meal prep 😉
The patties use super simple, cheap and easy to find ingredients and I tried to keep the ingredients to a minimum so that it would be even easier to make. To make them gluten-free, you just need to use a gluten free bun and just make sure the sauces you use are gluten-free.
The patties before baking:
You can feel free to pan-fry or grill the patties if you prefer – but I decided to bake them because it is easier for me and plus, I don’t have to use any additional oil – making this recipe OIL FREE.
Easy Gluten Free Vegan Bean Burger Recipe
- Burger buns of your choice (GF if you prefer)
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed + 5 tbsp water (for the flax egg mixture)
- 2 cups cooked kidney beans or any other type of beans
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (optional)
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 cup ground oats or oat flour
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Thoroughly mix ground flax seed with water and set aside.
- In a food processor or chopper, chop the onion and fresh basil into fine pieces. Put aside.
- In the same food processor, process the beans so that they are mashed but there are still some chunks in there. Alternatively, you can mash the beans with a fork or masher if you prefer.
- In a big bowl, add all of the ingredients including the spices together and mix very well.
- Line a baking sheet with non-stick greaseproof paper and make and place burger patties onto the baking sheet. This mixture should make about 5-6 normal-sized burger patties.
I hope you guys enjoy!
4 thoughts on “Easy Gluten Free Vegan Bean Burger”
These look yummy! Would you suggest cooking them then freezing or freeze the extra before cooking? Thanks for your recipes and vegan inspiration!
Oh my gosh, sorry for the late response! I would cook them & then freeze them but I don’t really know if it makes a difference haha maybe cook them for a shorter time and then freeze them and cook them further when you want to eat them =)
I would like Anne’s question to be answered since I’m also unsure. But I would probably bake them around 17 min (few mins less than required) and freeze so that when I take it out I can rebake for 5-10 min or so until cooked.
I made this recipe and now I have another delicious food to add to my meal prep list for college 😀
Yes you are probably right! thanks for commenting <3 and sorry for the late response!