Featured in my “Vegan Comfort Recipes” video!
Watch the video above or see below for the written recipe and ingredients!
Pasta and store-bought tomato pasta sauce is seriously one of my GO TO lazy vegan recipes but sometimes, you want to kick it up a notch! I decided to take regular store-bought pasta sauce and make it into a slightly creamier tomato sauce and it turned out magical.
Not only was it super creamy, but the extra little spices gave a nice kick and extra flavour. Amazing! It’s so crazy how these little tweaks and changes can make the world of a difference.
Obviously the vegan sausages are optional, but I had these ones from Field Roast that I wanted to add into them. It was actually so good with vegan sausages. I felt that the sauce complimented the vegan sausages so well. If you’d rather add a different plant-based protein, you can absolutely feel free too! This would go so deliciously with some home-made vegan bean balls… omg.
So don’t forget to check out the video above and try this recipe out if you’re looking for a slightly more fancy version of pasta & tomato sauce! It really is worth taking a few extra steps if you have the time and energy.
Creamy Tomato Pasta with Vegan Sausage
Ingredients (1 serving):
- 1 cup dry pasta (I used farfalle)
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp chilli pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 vegan sausage, prepared and chopped into bite-sized pieces (optional)
- Cook pasta according to instructions.
- Heat up oil on a frying pan on medium-high heat and add garlic. Cook until garlic starts to brown.
- Add flour and mix in with oil to create a thick paste (add a little more oil if it’s too dry).
- Add in your non-dairy milk and keep stirring. The mixture with thicken and become creamier.
- Turn down heat to a medium-low and add marinara sauce, thyme and chilli pepper flakes. Mix until well-combined and creamy.
- Add vegan sausage or other protein/vegetables of choice.
- Once pasta is finished cooking, drain, rinse and toss into the sauce.