Today’s recipe features a creamy and delicious Roasted Pepper Pasta! Don’t forget to watch my video below and to scroll down for the written recipe~
Creamy Roasted Pepper Pasta — sounds good, right? In case you haven’t noticed, my blog is slowly filling up with different kinds of creamy pepper pasta recipes. If you’re used to seeing simple creamy pasta sauce recipes using cashews, tofu, or non-dairy milk, then you’re in for a treat because this time, we’re also using red bell peppers!
This Creamy Roasted Pepper Pasta sauce uses a mix of roasted cauliflower and red bell peppers (you can use any colour you like) blended together with cashews and spices to create that deliciously creamy pasta sauce that I’m sure you’ll love! It has that sweet taste from the bell pepper and the comforting, creamy texture from the cauliflower and cashews. It’s very simple and uses minimal ingredients!
I decided to wing this without using any recipe – a while ago I tried a creamy roasted pepper pasta sauce that I saw on TikTok and I wanted to make something similar but slightly different at the same time. It didn’t disappoint!
I highly recommend trying this out! It might just be your next favourite pasta sauce! 😁
Don’t forget to watch the video above and to check out the written recipe down below if you want to try making this~
Roasted Pepper Pasta
- 2 red bell peppers
- 200g cauliflower
- Small amount of oil
- 3-5 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1/3 cup of cashews, boil to soften
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- More salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut up the bell peppers in half, taking out the seeds and middle part. Add onto a lined baking sheet together with cauliflower and garlic.
- Spray on a little oil and sprinkle a little salt before putting it in the oven. Roast in the oven at 425°F for 30 minutes.
- Soften cashews by boiling them in water for about 15-20 minutes. Set aside.
- Once veggies have roasted, add into a blender together with the softened cashews, non-dairy milk, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Add the sauce into a saucepan together with your favourite cooked pasta and cook for a few minutes. Feel free to adjust the flavour by adding salt or pepper to taste.
- Plate and enjoy! 🥰