I recently ordered these bento box meal prep containers from Amazon so I just had to do another meal prep video for you guys! This time, I decided to make lentil & tofu patties that remind me of these little meat patties my mom used to make me when I was a kid. They were kind of a Korean thing, I think, and we used to have them with ketchup. I used to love them and I guess these are the healthier vegan equivalent! I also made a Korean spinach side dish, which is one of my favourite side dishes!!! It’s so simple and easy to make and it’s super delicious and healthy, of course.
Lentil & Tofu Patties Recipe
Ingredients (around 6-8 servings….ish?) –
- 2 cups dry green or brown lentils + 4 cups water
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion (or two small)
- 1 package medium firm or firm tofu
- 1.5 cups ground oats or oat flour
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (optional)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp ketchup or BBQ sauce
- Add lentils and water in a pot. Bring to a boil on high heat and then reduce to a simmer for about 20-30 minutes until the lentils are cooked and water has absorbed.
- While lentils are cooking, peel onions and garlic and chop in a food processor. Alternatively, you can mince the garlic and dice the onions.
- On a skillet, add a little water or oil and cook the onion/garlic mixture until slightly browned.
- Squeeze the water out of the tofu and crumble with your fingers. Set aside.
- Once the lentils have cooked, add half into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth (it’s okay if a bit chunky). Alternatively, you can mash with a potato masher or a fork.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add lentils, mashed lentils, tofu, onion/garlic mixture, oat flour, bread crumbs, soy sauce and ketchup into a big mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Form patties of whatever size (I made small ones) and place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 20 minutes on one side, flip over, and bake for another 10-20 minutes until desired. Alternatively, you can fry these on a frying pan with a little oil.
- Feel free to freeze any extra for later!
Korean Spinach Side Dish Recipe
Ingredients (I just eye-balled everything so just bear with me) –
- Regular spinach or baby spinach (I just used 1-2 handfuls of baby spinach)
- 1-2 cloves minced garlic
- Splash of soy sauce
- Splash of sesame oil
- Dash of toasted sesame seeds
- In a pot of boiling water, add spinach for about 30 seconds to 1 minute – not for a long time at all, just until the spinach wilts and becomes a bit greener.
- Take out of the pot and rinse straight away in cold water.
- Squeeze the water out and add into a mixing bowl.
- Add garlic, soy sauce and sesame oil. With clean hands, mix well.
- Top with toasted sesame seeds.
- You can store this in the fridge for a few days and eat as a side dish with rice or with anything you desire!
2 thoughts on “Bento Box Meal Prep (Lentil & Tofu Patties / Korean Spinach Side Dish)”
I made these patties and they turned out fantastic! Thanks for this recipe.
I made the patties and the spinach, they were really great. I wanted to eat all the patties myself! The spinach was phenomenal, so simple.
You have a wonderful knack for creating recipes. Thanks for the great videos, I’m so glad I found you. (Now I am tackling (sp??) your rice cake recipe.