Today, I ate like fellow Canadian-Asian lifestyle YouTuber Linda Sun — but vegan! Watch below to see my ‘What I Ate in a Day’ video — eating like Linda for a day, and don’t forget to scroll down to get the recipe for her veganized Banana Pancakes~
Today’s newest ‘What I Ate in a Day’ video features me eating like Linda Sun — but VEGAN! If you all don’t know her yet, Linda is a fellow Canadian-Asian YouTuber who makes amazingly edited videos on lifestyle, health, fitness and food. She had a video where she featured all the dishes that she ate for a week, so I picked out a few of what seems to be her favourites, veganized them, and voila — a new What I Ate in a Day video was made!
One particular recipe that I’d like to highlight in this blogpost is her Banana Protein Pancake recipe. Doesn’t sound too “un-vegan”, does it? While it’s true that most vegans do not have trouble having pancakes for breakfast, traditional pancake recipes use eggs which is also the same case for Linda’s pancake recipe.
So of course, instead of an egg, I used chia eggs (a mixture of chia seeds and water). There are lots of ways to make vegan egg replacements but what I did was to just mix a tablespoon of chia seeds with 3 tablespoons of water and let it sit for around 5 minutes until thickened.
Don’t forget to watch the video above to see the rest of Linda Sun’s veganized recipes, and make sure to scroll down for the veganized pancake recipe!
Linda Sun’s (Veganzied) Banana Protein Pancakes Recipe
- 1 tbsp chia seeds + 3 tbsp water (chia egg)
- 1 banana
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp flaxseed
- 1/2 scoop vegan protein powder
- 4-5 tbsp almond milk
- Make chia egg by mixing with water in a small bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes or until consistency is thick.
- Into a blender, add in banana, oats, baking powder, flax seeds, vegan protein powder, almond milk, and chia egg.. Blend and transfer onto a bowl.
- Heat some vegan butter in a pan and scoop in the pancake batter. Let it cook until both sides are golden brown in colour.
- Plate and top with fresh fruits and drizzle on some maple syrup.
- Serve and enjoy!