Sometimes you want a tofu and veggie stir-fry but you don’t want to deal with dirtying a pan… or maybe you’re a college/university student who only has access to a microwave to cook! Well, here’s a solution…
Microwave tofu and veggie “stir-fry”!! It’s definitely not as delicious as regular stir-fry that’s made with some TLC, but this is quick and easy – perfect for a busy student or working professional.
Essentially, all you’re doing is putting ingredients into a microwave-safe container and microwaving it for a few minutes. Simple enough? I would say so.
5 Minute Microwave “Stir-fry” Recipe
Ingredients (1-2 servings)
- 1.5-2 cups frozen vegetables
- 1/2 package of firm or extra firm tofu
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1.5-2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil (optional)
- Add frozen vegetables into a microwave-safe container, cover with lid and microwave for 2 minutes on high heat.
- Meanwhile, chop tofu into bite-sized pieces.
- Add tofu and rest of the ingredients into the vegetable mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Microwave uncovered for another 3 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Serve with rice, couscous, noodles or whatever you wish!