Is there anyone out there that doesn’t like burrito bowls? They’re so good, easy to put together and you can pretty much customize it into whatever you’d like (at least that’s how I see it). I decided to make a burrito bowl with couscous instead of rice, because couscous is SO quick and easy to cook. You don’t even need to use a microwave or stove for this – all you need is some boiling water and some ingredients, and you are good to go. The best part is that it takes 5 minutes… or even less to make!
This is the perfect bowl for university/college students who live in a dorm or anyone that wants a quick, simple and delicious dinner. Who says dinner has to take more than 5 minutes? Check out the video below:
5 Minute Couscous Burrito Bowl Recipe
Ingredients (one serving)
- 1/2 cup dry couscous
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp boiling water
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup cooked/canned black beans
- 1/2 cup corn
- 2-3 tbsp salsa
- Slices of avocado (optional)
- Juice of 1/4 lemon (optional)
- In a medium serving bowl, add couscous, cumin, garlic powder and boiling water and cover with a plate for about 3 minutes while preparing the other ingredients.
- After 3 minutes, the couscous should be done – fluff with a fork/spoon.
- Add black beans, corn, salsa and avocado on top. Squeeze some lemon juice, mix well and enjoy!
1 thought on “5 Minute Couscous Burrito Bowl Recipe”
This recipe is the best easy quick meal I’ve had. I added some nachos as well. So good. Thank you!