Today’s new recipe video features THREE more quarantine-friendly recipes~! Check out these amazing comfort food recipes through the video below and don’t forget to scroll down for the written recipes.
Hey, guys! I am back with THREE MORE quarantine-friendly recipes~! Because so many of us have been in social isolation these past few weeks, and if there’s any time that we all need comfort food, it is right now. I know you guys will enjoy these; PLUS I made sure to only use ingredients that were already in my freezer and pantry (some of these ingredients are from my fridge, but last a LONG time).
I’m really wishing for the days we can all go and enjoy the simple pleasures of life again in the outside world but for now, we will have to stick to enjoying the simple pleasures inside and making the most of this situation. I hope you are all safe and well during this time…
I also released Part 1 and Part 2 of my quarantine-friendly recipes so feel free to check them out as well.
In the meantime, here are some delicious vegan comfort food recipes~!
Easy Vegan Fluffy Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp vegan butter or vegetable oil
- Toppings of choice (I used raspberries and agave nectar)
- Mix non-dairy milk and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl to make the buttermilk.
- In a separate bowl, add in flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Add vanilla to the buttermilk mixture, then pour into the dry ingredients and mix well until smooth.
- Add in the chocolate chips (make sure they’re vegan-friendly!). Mix well to make the batter.
- Heat pan on medium-high heat, then melt some vegan butter.
- Scoop out pancake batter and place onto heated pan. Cook for around 3-4 minutes each side.
- Transfer onto a plate and top with any toppings of your choice (I used raspberries and agave nectar!).
Sweet Vegan Meatballs (Hack)
- Around 400g vegan frozen meatballs (homemade or store-bought – I used Yves Veggie Meatballs)
- 3/4 cup Heinz Chili Sauce (or another brand – just not to be mistaken with Asian style chili sauce)
- 3/4 cup grape jelly
- Sesame seeds and chopped green onions (optional for garnish)
- Throw the frozen meatballs into a wok or pot over medium heat.
- Add in the chili sauce and grape jelly.
- Mix well before covering the pan and letting it cook for 20 minutes, mixing every once in a while.
- Transfer onto a plate and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions (optional but awesome for presentation!).
- Enjoy however way you’d like!
Ketchup Spaghetti with Veggie Ground
- 2 servings spaghetti
- 2 tbsp vegan butter (use vegetable oil instead if you don’t have vegan butter)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup veggie ground
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1-2 tbsp sriracha (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Save a small amount of starch water (around 1 cup).
- While waiting for the pasta to cook, dice your onions.
- In a heated pan, melt some vegan butter or vegetable oil.
- Throw in the onions and garlic and let it cook for a little bit.
- Add in the veggie ground (you can use any protein source of your choice – TVP probably would work well), ketchup, and some of the starch water that you saved earlier.
- Once the pasta is cooked, throw it into the pan and mix everything together.
- Give it a little taste, and feel free to add in more ketchup or other spices you like (I added a little bit of sriracha because I love things spicy~!).
- Serve and enjoy!