In today’s latest recipe video, I featured FIVE mouthwatering vegan dinner recipes that you can make in just 15 minutes – perfect for weeknights! Click on the thumbnail below to watch the video and scroll down for the ingredients~
Need some quick & easy 15-minute vegan dinner ideas to help you have a stress-free evening? You’re in the right place, my friend!
The thing about having to work all day is that you just want to come home and relax and to not have to spend too much time in the kitchen fixing yourself dinner. Don’t get me wrong — I love a delicious meal for dinner but sometimes I just don’t want my tummy raging for an hour before I finally get to have my first bite! And my friends, delicious and quick are not mutually exclusive.
So here are FIVE mouthwatering and easy to make dinner recipes that won’t require you to spend too much time making them! They are perfect for weeknights but you can, of course, enjoy them any time of the day/week. These are my meals I had for five nights and they’re perfect for people like me who have a lot of stuff going on during the day.
Make sure to check out the video above if you prefer visuals and don’t forget to scroll down for the ingredients!
Let’s go and make ourselves that quick dinner!
Ingredients (1 serving):
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 2 cups cabbage, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp oil
- 1 package udon noodles
- 1 tbsp brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vegan worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup beans (or other plant-based protein option)
- Green onion, chopped (for garnish)
- Prepare udon noodles according to instructions.
- In the meantime, heat oil in a pan over medium high heat. Throw in the onions and minced garlic and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add in the carrots and a splash of water. Cover and let the carrots cook for a few minutes.
- Add in the cabbage. Cover and let it cook some more.
- In a small bowl, make the sauce by combining brown sugar, mirin, soy sauce, and vegan worcestershire sauce. Mix and set aside.
- In the same pan where the veggie are cooking, add in the cooked udon noodles and sauce. Throw in the beans & mix until everything is well-coated with the sauce.
- Plate and top with green onions. Enjoy!
Kimchi Burger with 3-Ingredient Bean Burger Patties
Ingredients for the patties (makes 5 big patties):
- 1 can of beans
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- 1 cup oat flour (you can use oats and grind them to make into oat flour)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder (optional)
- 1 tsp oil (for cooking)
Ingredients for the Kimchi burger (for one burger):
- 1 burger bun
- 1/4 cup kimchi
- pinch of sugar
- Whatever else you like in your burger!
- Mash up the beans in the food processor.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add in the mashed beans, oat flour, and pasta sauce. Add in some garlic powder if desired. Mix until everything is well-combined.
- Scoop out half a cup of the mixture and shape into a burger patty. This mixture should make around 5 burger patties.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add in the patties and flatten with a spatula. (NOTE: If the mixture is sticky, just wet the spatula with a little bit of water so the patties won’t stick)
- Cook the patties on medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Set aside. (NOTE: You can also bake the patties if you’d like)
- In the same pan, add a little bit of kimchi and sugar and stir fry for a few minutes. While the kimchi is cooking, you can also toast your burger bun in the same pan.
- Assembly time! (NOTE: I assembled my burger in the following order: ketchup, dijon mustard, lettuce, sliced tomatoes, burger patty, and kimchi. Feel free to change this up to however you like!
Soy Garlic Butter Pasta
Ingredients (1 serving):
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 – 1.5 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp pasta water
- 1/3 cup edamame
- 1 tsp gochugaru or chili flakes (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions:
- In a heated pan with oil, add in minced garlic and chopped mushrooms. Pour a little bit of water if necessary and cook until the mushrooms have browned.
- Turn the heat down to low and add in the vegan butter, soy sauce, and pasta water (the water from cooking the pasta). Mix everything well.
- Throw in the cooked pasta and some edamame beans. Mix well.
- Sprinkle in some gochugaru and mix. (Optional but highly recommended for that extra kick!)
- Plate and enjoy!
Couscous & Mixed Vegetables
- 2/3 cup dry couscous
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cube veggie bouillon
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 small onion
- 2 cups broccoli
- Garlic salt & pepper
- 1 cup chickpeas
- Sunflower seeds (optional topping)
- Chop the onion, bell pepper, and broccoli.
- Heat up oil in a pan and throw in the chopped veggies and let it cook.
- Once the veggies have mostly cooked, throw in chickpeas and season with garlic salt and black pepper. Add other spices if desired. Mix and set aside once cooked.
- In a medium-size bowl, add in hot water and a quarter of a veggie bouillon cube. Mix until the cube has dissolved into a broth.
- In the same bowl, add in couscous, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, turmeric, and lemon juice. Mix well and cover for 5-10 minutes to allow the couscous to cook.
- Plate the couscous and add in the veggies on top.
- Drizzle with sriracha or other sauces and enjoy!
Easy Peasy Green Curry Noodles
Ingredients (2-3 servings):
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 can regular coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Thai green curry paste (check to make sure there’s no fish ingredients)
- 1 block soft tofu
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2-3 servings of instant rice noodles (or serve with rice!)
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan over medium low heat.. Add in minced garlic and green curry paste and mix.
- Pour in the coconut milk and brown sugar and whisk well.
- Add in the broccoli, tofu, and carrots. Cover and let it cook until the carrots are soft. At this point, give it a little taste test to see if you need to add salt or sugar.
- Cook Instant vermicelli noodles by placing in a medium bowl and pouring in hot water (simply follow instructions on package). If desired, you can enjoy your green curry with rice.
- To assemble, transfer cooked noodles in a bowl and add in the green curry mixture.
For more recipe ideas like this, feel free to check out the other videos as well!