When people ask me what my favourite beauty product is, the answer is probably coconut oil. I seriously use coconut oil so much as a beauty product (and rarely when I cook…). It’s more likely to be found in my bathroom rather than my kitchen!
Coconut oil is such a versatile product and you can use it for so many different things. Here are some awesome cheap beauty hacks using coconut oil! Using these hacks on a regular basis will save you so much money because you can eliminate the need of buying these things separately. I personally use most of these hacks myself!
Important note about coconut oil: unfortunately, coconut oil has a dark side. Most people aren’t aware of this, as I had no idea that this was going on until somewhat recently. It really pains my heart to report that (yet again) animal exploitation is very much involved with coconut oil harvesting. In summary, monkeys are being literally enslaved and forced to pick coconuts – please click here to read a blog post that goes into detail about this. Now FORTUNATELY, there are many different brands of coconut oil that you could get that have confirmed that they do not use these cruel practices. The list is in the blog post and I’ve also made a list here where you can go and purchase some cruelty-free coconut oil.
GET YOUR COCONUT OIL FROM IHERB.COM (Get $5 off your first order with code CJW878) – https://www.iherb.com/?rcode=CJW878
Confirmed Fair-trade and Cruelty-Free Coconut Oil Companies –
See more here – https://bit.ly/2edNB6C
Okay, now onto the beauty hacks!
Top 10 Cheap Beauty Hacks Using Coconut Oil
- Face & Eye Makeup Remover
- Body Lotion/Cream
- Nourishing Hair Mask
- Exfoliate with Coffee Grounds or Sugar
- Eye Cream
- Mix with some vitamin E for extra anti-aging properties
- Toothpaste (teeth whitening)
- Mix with equal parts baking soda (optional: add a few drops of peppermint oil)
- Shaving Cream
- Massage Oil
- Optional: add a few drops of lavender oil
- You can apply coconut oil directly onto your armpits OR make your own DIY deodorant.
- DIY natural deodorant recipe – Mix 4 tbsp baking soda, 4 tbsp arrowroot or cornstarch together in a bowl and then mash in 6 tbsp coconut oil with a fork until well mixed. Add essential oils if desired. Store in a small jar.
- Oil Pulling/Mouth Wash
- Swish approx. one tbsp of coconut oil in your mouth for 10-20 minutes daily for anti-bacterial properties.
- Spit out in trash or toilet (not in the sink).